Saturday, September 24, 2011

Hungry Runner Breakfast

After running 8 miles this morning I was starving. I found a great banana pancake recipe on a website called  howsweeteats.com. I have tweeked it a little so I thought I would share with all. They are so yummy and are great cold as a snack. I love adding blueberries, peaches, nuts, and drizzling on warmed pure maple syrup.
Banana Pancakes
2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
2 tsps baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup coconut sugar (sprouts)
1 tsp sweet spice blend (Schar's) or 1 tsp cinnamon & 1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 cup vanilla almond milk
1 Tbl vanilla extract
3 large bananas, mashed
2 Tbls coconut oil


Mix together flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, sweet spice blend in large bowl.  Mix almond milk and vanilla together then add to flour mixture and whisk together. It will still be dry. Add banana, mix in then add coconut oil and stir until almost smooth.



Cook on hot griddle for 2 - 3 minutes then flip and cook 1 - 2 minutes more.


I hope you enjoy them. Let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment