Monday, September 19, 2011

A Food Revolution

I have been reading the book the China Study and it is making me take a good look at what I eat. I have always tried to eat healthy but this book is making me realize I have room for much improvement. I have been experimenting with alternatives to eating animal protein. There are so many great blogs and web sites that have wonderful recipes. I think it is so great that most of them are done by younger women who believe in good nutrition for themselves and for their families. I think it is a food revolution that will help people improve their way of eating and their over all health.  I have posted them in my blog list. I have found two really great oatmeal recipes that might seem a little weird at first but they are so delicious that they are like eating a dessert. I love making extra and keeping them in individual bowls in the refrigerator and then I just eat them cold, especially the Green Coconut Oats. So far I have only had the Carrot Cake Oatmeal warm, but I bet it is good cold as well. Don't let the color scare you, they really are so good. Make sure you only add the amount of kale called for in the recipe for the Green Coconut Oats or it will taste too too green. The coconut cream in the Carrot Cake Oatmeal is heavenly. You can find the recipe for the Green Oats on neverhomemaker.com under oats and granola and the Carrot Cake Oatmeal on ohsheglows.com., click on recipes and then type in oatmeal. Have fun and let me know how you like them.



No comments:

Post a Comment