Sunday, July 3, 2011

My New Favorite Cookie

My sister-in-law gave me this recipe. It is my new found favorite. Crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside. I served these at a baptism last week and everyone wanted the recipe, so here it is.

Shelly's Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies


2 C. Unbleached Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Salt
1 C. Brown Sugar
1 C. Granulated Sugar
1 C. Unsalted Butter, room temperature (2 sticks)
2 Large Eggs
1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
3 C. Old Fashioned Oats
1 C. Unsweetened Coconut
1 C. Semisweet or Bittersweet Chocolate Chips (I like Ghiradelli)
1 C. Coarsely Chopped Walnuts

Directions:
Cream butter and sugars together.
Mix in eggs and vanilla
Mix together dry ingredients in a separate bowl and add to butter mixture.
Stir in Oats, coconut, chocolate chips, and walnuts.
Bake at 350* for 10 - 15 minutes (depending on how big you make them).


No comments:

Post a Comment