Sunday, July 3, 2011

My Bread Recipe

I had a request for this recipe. So here it is.
This recipe comes from Shar. I changed it just a little bit.

Whole Wheat or 14 Grain Bread


6 C. warm water 115* (I use hot tap water)
1/2 C. Grape Seed Oil
2/3 C. honey or molasses (I use molasses)
2 T. sea salt
3 T. dough enhancer
1/3 C. gluten
6-8 C. whole wheat flour (fresh ground) I like the Lehi Roller Mills hard white wheat they sell at Costco.
3 T. Saf instant yeast (Placing the yeast on top of the flour keeps it from hitting the hot water too soon.)
To make 14 grain bread add:
1 C. 14 grain- seed mixture or any cracked or rolled multi-grain cereal.

Instructions:
Place all ingredients in the Bosch bowl in order given. Mix until just combined on pulse or speed 1. Turn  the dial to speed 2 and start adding more whole wheat flour until it begins to clean the sides and bottom of the bowl. Work quickly, you want to get all the flour in within 1 minute. I use a two cup measure which helps get it in quicker. Don't worry if it gets too dry, you can add a few tablespoons of water at a time or if too sticky add unbleached white flour a little at a time. Knead for 9-10 minutes until gluten is developed.
Put dough on oiled counter and cut into 1lb 12oz pieces and shape into loaves. Place in Pam sprayed pans (I use a 2 lb loaf pan with strait sides), cover with towel, and let rise until double. Bake at 350* for 25-30 minutes until temp measures 190*. Take out of pans and let cool completely on racks. Bag and freeze right away.
A few great places to find loaf pans are Ross, Marshall's, or The Home Goods store. I always look for them when ever I am at one of them.
Let me know if you have any questions or comments. ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment