Tuesday, February 14, 2012

The Best Chocolate Cupcakes Ever !

We celebrated Kris and Meghan's birthdays with these fabulous cupcakes. Oh and did I mention they are vegan? No they don't have tofu in them and yes they have a lot of sugar. I never said they are healthy, they are just so yummy. The Reeses Peanut Butter Cups are not vegan so leave them off if it matters to you.
I found the cake recipe on Oh She Glows and the Chocolate Frosting I found on Google but I don't remember where.


Vegan Chocolate Cupcakes

1 Cup Vanilla Almond Milk
1 Cup Sugar
1/3 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 T. Apple Cider Vinegar
1 T. Pure Vanilla Extract
1/2 tsp Pure Almond Extract
1 1/2 Cups Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
1/3 Cup Cocoa Powder
1 tsp Baking Soda
3/4 tsp Kosher Salt

Preheat oven to 350* 
Beat together almond milk, oil, sugar, apple cider vinegar, vanilla, and almond extract. Beat on medium speed for a minute or two.
Sift in the dry ingredients (flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt). Mix well, until smooth.
Scoop into cupcake paper lined cupcake tins. Using a large cookie scoop works great. Fill two thirds full for each. Bake for 22 minutes, or until they spring back when pressed with a finger. Makes 13 cupcakes.
Allow to cool before frosting.

Vegan Chocolate Frosting

6 oz Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
6 T. Earth Balance
6 Cups Powdered Sugar
6-7 T. Almond Milk
1/2 tsp Vanilla
Pinch of Salt

Melt chocolate chips and Earth Balance in pan on low heat. Mix in sugar. Mix in almond milk, vanilla, and salt until smooth and glossy. I used an electric hand mixer.


1 comment:

  1. My mouth is watering after looking at these!!! I wish I could have been there!!!!!

    ReplyDelete