Sunday, June 26, 2011

Share the Bounty

When I got home from vacation last week I went out to my garden to see how it was doing. These are what  I harvested from one picking. I have been passing them out to my friends and I ate fresh tomato pasta 3 days in a row. It was so good.

Fresh Tomato Pasta


7 tomatoes diced
1 C. fresh basil chopped
2 T. fresh parsley chopped
3 large cloves garlic, minced
3/4 tsp crushed red pepper
1/8 tsp salt
1/3 C extra virgin olive oil
1/2 to 1 lb of low fat mozzarella cheese cubed
***************************************
1 lb whole wheat seashell, penne, or spiral pasta

This is also good with garbanzo beans as well which adds more fiber and protein.

Combine everything but the pasta and let it sit for one hour. Cook pasta until aldente, drain but don't rinse and add to the tomato mixture. Toss and eat. Also good with grated Parmesan on it.

This is a family favorite in the summer when fresh tomatoes are plentiful and delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment