Sunday, March 18, 2012

Phoenix Half Marathon

It was cold and windy before the start.
March 3rd 2012 was the very first Phoenix Half Marathon. It started out by the Phoenix sign near Usury Park in Mesa. It was by far one of the most fun, best organized, and easiest half's I have ever run. If there hadn't been a head wind going up Power Rd. It would have been absolutely perfect. Over half of the course was down hill which I love while running it. The next  couple days after you pay for it though, but so worth it. I ran with some great women and even got to take a picture with John from the Biggest Looser at the starting line. Next year we have all signed up to do the full marathon which will be the first year for it.  I am so excited to have a marathon here in Arizona that is in the spring and on a Saturday. No more St. George Marathon training for me in the summer, thank you very much. I will have to go there for their amazing Snow Canyon Half in the fall so I can still visit all my sweet friends in beautiful St. George, Utah.

I look like such a shrimp.
 At the finish.

Love the medals.

1 comment:

  1. You are awesome, and you forgot to mention that you did this only SEVEN days after running Ragnar! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete